The Xen.org open source community is posting an open position for a summer internship – working on the design, development, and launch of a new Xen.org website. This person will be responsible for the following activities:
- Research available open source web content management/platform solutions and present data with recommendations to Xen.org community
- Research existing open source community websites to determine best practices and useful features for Xen.org
- Design a new Xen.org site leveraging open source tools and present to Xen.org community
- Implement the new Xen.org site and launch to the community
The internship is currently planned for 3 months so not all tasks listed may be accomplished; however all work will be leveraged in the final release of a new Xen.org site.
All applicants must meet the following requirements for this position:
- Entering senior year of High School or currently working on a Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field; no Masters or PHD students will be considered
- Must own a computer with Internet access; the community will not be supplying equipment
- Experience with Linux operating system and other open source software
- English is required
- Previous knowledge of Xen hypervisor and virtualization is a plus
Finally, as the Xen.org community is an open source project, we don’t have budget available to pay a salary for this internship. However, we believe that the skills obtained and recommendations from Xen.org community members will be highly valuable for the intern selected.
Please submit your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The submission process will be open from April 21, 2009 through May 8, 2009. The community will review all resumes and contact several people for phone interviews with a final selection by May 15, 2009. The final work dates will then be set based on the intern’s school schedule.
If you have any questions about this internship, please contact me via email.