In January 2009, I posted my goals as your community manager for 2009 – http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2009/01/02/community-manager-goals-for-2009/. My focus was on three main areas:
- Xen Summits and Events
As we end 2009, I would like to highlight some of the community achievements around those three goals:
- Xen support is now available in English on the main Xen.org mailings lists, Portuguese from the Xen Brazil User Group, Italian from the Xen Italy User Group, and Japanese on email@example.com. Xen support is also available on IRC at Freenode:##xen and a new trial online discussion forum.
- Xen promotional materials are available in English, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, German, and Spanish.
- The Xen.org wiki is currently available in English, Spanish, German, French, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, and Italian
- Events for Xen.org held in United States, Brazil, Chile, China, & Germany
- Expansion of the Xen Advisory Board to include Oracle, Fujitsu, & VA Linux Systems Japan.
- Tremendous growth, over 60%, in the many social networking groups for Xen.org at Facebook, LinkedIn, Ohloh, Xing, and Linux.com.
- 20+ independent community projects based on/for Xen currently tracked on Xen.org
- User Groups – Brazilian Xen User Group and Italian Xen User Group firmly established and growing
Xen Summit and Events
- Xen Summit North America at Oracle (Feb 2009)
- Xen Directions Europe at LinuxTAG (June 2009)
- Xen.org Booth at CloudWorld 2009 (August 2009)
- Xen.org Presentation at Latinoware 2009 in Brazil (Oct 2009)
- Xen Summit Asia at Intel (Nov 2009)
- Xen Presentation at Jornadas Regionales de Software Libre in Chile (Oct 2009) : Community Member
I want to thank everyone in the community for their incredible efforts in 2009 to help make Xen.org a leading open source project. I will be publishing my new community goals for 2010 at the start of January and look forward to another challenging year in supporting the work of the Xen.org community.