Jeremy Fitzhardinge has recently pulled in a bunch of Oracle patches that make Linux now work quite well with Xorg/KMS/3D. So with the latest xen/stable-2.6.32.x you can now play OpenArena (Quake clone) under your Dom0 (and you could do theoretically that under DomU, but it hasn’t been tried). Under the PV-OPS kernel and with Xorg running under Xen you run 3D CAD software, games, and other graphic intensive applications.
For details, refer to http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPVOPSDRM
- Mirage OS v2.0: The new features
- XCP Wiki Pages Have Been Migrated to Wiki.XenServer.org
- Mark Your Calendars! Great Xen Project Events Coming in August and September 2014
- The Docker exploit and the security of containers
- Release management: Risk, intuition, and freeze exceptions
- Developer Summit Line-up Announced
- How fast is Xen on ARM, really?
- Welcoming Cavium as latest Xen Project Advisory Board member
- June 2014 Brings Bumper Crop of Xen Project Talks to the US
- Welcoming Rackspace as Xen Project Advisory Board member