The XCP project team would like to let you know that we have released XCP 1.1 beta today. While this is only a minor version bump from XCP 1.0, there are quite a few new features included with this release:
- Security updates and bug fixes
- IntelliCache: Enables you to use a combination of Shared storage and local storage caching.
- Local Storage Spans All Physical Volumes: When EXT local storage is used on a host containing multiple physical disks, the local Storage Repository (SR) now spans all the disks in a single LVM volume group.
- Reset-on-boot VM behaviour: Disks with the on-boot option set to reset, is now available for disks in any type of SR. (Previously it was only available for disks in NFS and EXT SRs.)
- Block SCSI Generic Support: BSG support added enabling full compatibility with Emulex and QLogic management functionality.
- Enhanced guest OS support: Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.
The beta will continue until the community is satisfied that we have resolved all critical bugs, but we hope to publish XCP 1.1 final release in late July. If you do believe you have found a bug with the beta, please report it to the xen-api mailing list with the subject “XCP BETA BUG: <brief description of bug>“.
The next major release of XCP will be released as beta later this month. For more information, see the XCP Roadmap page on the Xen.org wiki.