We are pleased to announce that the Xen Project will co-host a two-day Virtualisation and IaaS DevRoom at FOSDEM’14, alongside Redhat and the Openstack Foundation.
Call for Papers: Closes December 1st
The Call for Papers for the DevRoom will be open until December 1st. The scope for this devroom is open source, openly-developed projects in the areas of virtualisation and IaaS type clouds, ranging from low level to data center, up to cloud management platforms and cloud resource orchestration.
Sessions proposals should always target a developer audience and proposals for collaborative sessions that would be appealing to developers from multiple projects will be preferred. FOSDEM is about collaboration and unique in that it brings developers from many different projects and technologies together.
We (the DevRoom organizers) are particularly interested in the following themes:
- Innvovation in low level virtualisation
- New features in classic and container-based virtualisation technologies
- New use cases for virtualisation, such as virtualisation in mobile, automotive and embedded in general
- Other resource virtualisation technologies: networking, storage, … and their integration into other projects
- Deep technical dives into specific IaaS or virtualisation management project’s features
- Relationship between IaaS projects and specific dependencies (not just virtualisation)
- Integration and development leveraging solutions from multiple projects
More information about the CfP and how to submit a proposal here.
The Xen Project has had a strong presence at FOSDEM in the last two years and FOSDEM is always a lot of fun and very productive. It is entirely volunteer organized and free to attend, which makes the event different from many other open source events. Why not check out our event report from last year and submit a talk proposal for our DevRoom.