Going to FOSDEM’14? Well, you want to check out the schedule of the Virtualization & IaaS devroom then, and make sure you do not miss the talks about Xen. There are 4 of them, and they will provide some details about new and interesting usecases for virtualization, like in embedded systems of various kind (from phones and tablets to network middleboxes), and about new features in the upcoming Xen release, such as PVH, and how to use them with profit.
Here they are the talks, in some more details:
- Dual-Android on Nexus 10 using XEN, on Saturday morning
- High Performance Network Function Virtualization with ClickOS, on Saturday afternoon
- Virtualization in Android based and embedded systems, on Sunday morning
- How we ported FreeBSD to PVH, on Sunday afternoon
Last but certainly not least, there will be a Xen-Project booth, where you can meet the members of the Xen community as well as enjoying some other, soon to be revealed, activities. I and some of my colleagues from Citrix will be in Brussels, and will definitely spend some time at the booth, so come and visit us. The booth will be in building K, on level 1.
Read more here: http://xenproject.org/about/
The schedule for the FreeBSD and MirageOS talks have been announced. Here it comes:
- Porting FreeBSD on Xen on ARM, will be given on Saturday early afternoon (15:00), in the BSD devroom
- MirageOS: compiling functional library operating systems, will happen on Sunday late morning (13:00), in the misc main track
Also, there is another Xen related talk, in the Automotive development devroom: Xen on ARM: Virtualization for the Automotive industry, on Sunday morning (11:45).